I am happy to share that the Robarts curbside pickup pilot will be expanded to include materials in the Music Library as of this Monday, August 17!
For the time being, materials requested from the Music Library will be sent to Robarts for pickup there. We are hoping to be able to offer curbside pickup directly out of the Music Library (or within the Edward Johnson Building) soon, but for now we will be utilizing Robarts Library’s established curbside pickup system. You can find out more information about Robarts curbside pickup pilot here.
Making a request
- Find your book(s) in the library catalogue.
- In the catalogue record, click the Get Help button and follow the prompts.
- If an electronic copy of the book is available via the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS), you will be provided with a link to the ETAS. (Please note you will then need to log in to HathiTrust to access the full text.)
- If not, continue to follow the prompts to place your curbside pickup request.
- You will receive an automated message to let you know when your request has been received. Staff will check the shelf for your requested book(s) and send a message about any requested book(s) that are not available.
- Wait for a final e-mail providing instructions for where and when to pick up your item(s).
Picking up your books
The Robarts Library Curbside Pickup Service is located at the St. George entrance at Harbord (Fisher Library side). When you arrive, please follow these steps:
- Enter through the revolving doors.
- Show your TCard to library staff from the marked distance.
- Collect your books, which will be packaged in a paper bag labelled with your name.
- Exit through the Harbord-side revolving doors.
If you have any questions about this service, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-978-3734.