The Music Library begins Fall Hours on Tuesday, September 6th and we can't wait to see you! We continue to follow public health guidelines in order to keep staff and students safe and healthy. Check the Library Health & Safety Information regularly for the latest guidance.
If you have any questions or suggestions throughout the semester I would be glad to hear from you. Have a great year!
Director, Music Library
10 Things You Need to Know
1. Library hours: Mon-Thurs 08:30-19:00 | Fri 08:30-18:00 (closed weekends)
2. We have plenty of study tables and carrels available. Graduate students can book a study carrel too!
3. There are MANY ways to get help using the library. Whether you need help finding repertoire, finding research for an essay, or finding a place to study, we can help!
- Drop In: Ask for help at the service desk. We can help you face-to-face or set up a virtual meeting according to your comfort zone.
- Our People: This page lists all our staff and their contact information. Please reach out, we’ll be glad to help!
- AskChat: This is an instant messaging service staffed by librarians across Ontario. Although they may not be music librarians, they will get you started on the right path.
- Book a Research Consultation: Working on a research paper? Trying to find new rep for your lesson? Book a 30 min. appointment with our experienced staff.
4. We have 3 video cameras available for loan. Look for the Equipment Loans icon on the Music Library website to book a camera. Here are 6 fun facts about the cameras:
- Model: Sony Alpha A7III
- 24.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Full Frame Format
- 10 fps Continuous Shooting
- ISO 100-51200 Expandable to 204800
- 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25p Video Recording
5. We have copier-printer-scanner machines available for you to use! Copying and printing is $0.15 per page and is black and white only. Scanning is free. Bring your own USB drive for scanning or borrow one from the service desk.
6. Borrowing materials: This page has a list of loan periods according to borrower type. You can also read about automatic renewals. Your library materials will be automatically renewed on their due date unless another patron is waiting for them.
7. In a hurry? Use the “request a hold” feature in our library catalogue and your items will be waiting for you at the service desk when you come in.
8. Pardon our mess! We are shifting the collection to make more space, and your favourite items may have moved the next time you look for them. If you can’t find something, please ask staff for help.
9. Check out our blog, Notes from the Music Library, for updates, stories, and lists of recent acquisitions.
10. Follow us on social media @uoftmusiclib.