This collection includes musical scores for the major ensembles (choral, band, jazz, orchestral) and music education.
Hours & Location
- Music Library Room E016 (lower level)
- Regular hours are Mon-Fri: 1:00pm - 4:30pm (September-April)
- Summer hours as posted
This collection supports the programs of the Faculty of Music ensembles and its circulation is limited to current students/faculty/staff, as well as members of Choirs Ontario and Orchestras Canada. Items are only circulated during business hours. Outside of business hours, items can be returned to the Music Library service desk.
Simple search tips
At the LibrarySearch page, enter your search term(s) into the search box. Keep the option to search "Everything" and select "Music Library" to get the best results.
The call numbers for items in the Performance Collection are all prefaced with “PECOLL”. After that, there is a series of 2 letters.
- Choral music is "PECOLL-CC".
- Concert band is "PECOLL-CB".
- Jazz is "PECOLL-JZ".
- Music education is "PECOLL-ME",
- Orchestral collection is "PECOLL-OC"
Entering "pecoll" searches for the term which is part of the call number for every item in the Performance Collection. So, this can be an effective way to limit results to just those materials.
If you are wanting to search in any of these various sub-collections then augmenting "pecoll" as a search term accordingly is an effective strategy.
On the search result page, you will notice beside each item there is a simple description (title, author, publisher) and below that location and call number.
You can further refine these results with more filters in the left column, subject or publication date for example.
There are a number of effective ways to search the catalogue for items in this collection, so feel free to experiment. Please contact the library if you have any questions, or would like some assistance. Contact
Also available in the Music Library:
- For single copies of choral works, search the UTL catalogue and the Sheet Music Database
- For individual orchestral parts, consult The Orchestra Musician's CD-ROM Library
Free sources of music in the public domain:
- Choral Public Domain Library (CPDL)
- International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP)
- Band Music PDF library